PONANT invites you on a gastronomic and oenological cruise experience par excellence in partnership with Ducasse Conseil and Château Latour. Embark L’Austral on April 13 for a 10-day voyage from Lisbon to Portsmouth and discover the skill and expertise of Alain Ducasse’s teams during prestigious gala dinners.
From the port of Leixões, you will first sail to Porto. The capital of the northern region, this “city of granite”, whose historic centre is listed with UNESCO, is renowned for its wine.
Your ship will then set sail for Saint-Jean-de-Luz, where some wonderful excursions will allow you to discover the Basque Country, from the French side to the Spanish side.
L’Austral will then make its way up the Gironde estuary for a first stop in Pauillac, with several visits and wine tastings at some very beautiful wine estates in the Saint-Estephe, Margaux and Pauillac appellations. In the evening, the moored ship will have Château Latour as a backdrop: in this magnificent setting, a gala dinner held on board will enchant you with its wine and dish pairings.
Two days in Bordeaux, the wine capital of the world, will follow. You will be captivated by its rich wine-making tradition and have the opportunity to visit the Cité du Vin, the medieval village of Saint-Émilion, and other châteaux.
Lastly, you will call at Belle-Île-en-Mer and Guernsey before disembarking in Portsmouth, in the south-east of England, where your gastronomic cruise combining refined flavours, vineyards and oceans will draw to an end.
- An exceptional wine and gastronomy cruise in partnership with Ducasse Conseil and Château Latour.
- The on-board presence of Jean-Robert Pitte, geographer and wine historian, and of the sommelier Eric Beaumard and the cheese maker and affineur Bernard Antony.
- As part of the partnership between PONANT and Ducasse Conseil, two gala dinners will be prepared by the chefs Xavier Boireau from Rech, a seafood restaurant that is a veritable institution in Paris, and Francis Fauvel, from Ducasse sur Seine.
- Tasting of Grands Crus, lectures and activities centred on wine.
- UNESCO sites: Belém Tower and the Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon (embarkation port), the historic centre of Porto, Port of the Moon in Bordeaux, and the Jurisdiction of Saint-Émilion.
- An overnight stay in Bordeaux, the capital of the Aquitaine region.
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Belle-Île-en-Mer and Guernsey, all absolutely charming ports of call.
Contact your travel professional for complete details!