Globus, and sister company Cosmos, have unveiled its line-up of touring vacations to Asia and South America for 2020, including two new Cosmos itineraries: Discover Southern India & Kerala and Highlights of Northern India.
“Our job is to make sure you vacation is a success. Your job is to relax and enjoy,” said Stéphanie Bishop of the Globus family of brands’ Canadian office. “We look after the planning, logistics and details ahead of time as well as during your tour. Your Tour Director is your on-site expert, concierge, storyteller and problem-solver.” Worth their weight in gold, she adds, especially when you are travelling in countries where the language and culture are so different from those at home.
As part of each Globus itinerary, travellers are also treated to Local Favourites, memorable moments of cultural and culinary connection, giving visitors a chance to see how the locals live while also encouraging them to get off-the-beaten-path for hands-on, in-depth local experiences. Local Favourites include a sake tasting in Takayama, Japan; a performance of the famed water puppets in Hanoi, Vietnam; a local tea farm in Guilin, China; making traditional empanadas in Buenos Aires, Argentina; getting up close to Magellan penguins near Ushuaia, Patagonia; and spending time with a local family in an Andean village in Peru.
“More and more Canadians are telling us it’s those moments of connection which are so memorable on a vacation,” says Bishop. “Our Local Favourites provide authentic insights into local lifestyle and culture which are so interesting.”
Further, Globus travellers need not waste time waiting in lines. Instead, they’re privy to VIP access into major sites. And because they are not waiting in line, they have more time to experience each destination.
As a result, some of Globus’ most popular tours are to exotic locales around the globe. In fact, the company has grown its brand-wide exotic travel portfolio by 20% in the last five years to cater to increased demand. Sister company Cosmos has re-emerged in exotic destinations with value-centric vacations including Timeless Japan, providing incredible opportunities for travellers to experience destinations that, to some, might seem unattainable. For 2020, Cosmos is also unveiling new India itineraries:
- Enjoy guided sightseeing via rickshaw; take-in spectacular sites including the Taj Mahal, the red sandstone walls of Agra Fort, Mughal’s Palace’s hall of mirrors, the Amber Fort, 17th-century Mughal Red Fort, Jama Masjid (the largest mosque in Asia) and Qutub Minar; embark on a boat at dawn to witness the devotional bathing and meditation rituals along the Ganges River; spend time exploring the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri and travel to the sand dunes of the Thar Desert to explore Jodhpur’s old city of palaces, temples and imperial grandeur on the NEW Highlights of Northern India vacation.
- Explore the ancient city of Chennai; take in incredible sites including Fort St. George, the historic city of Mahabalipuram and the temple and palace of Tanjore; spend time on a spice plantation in Thekkady and enjoy an overnight cruise on the beautiful backwaters of Kerala. This NEW Discover Southern India & Kerala tour concludes with two nights in Cochin.
Other exciting touring vacations, exploring exotic destinations include:
- Globus’ Discover Japan (10 days): From bustling cities to quiet mountain villages, this vacation invites travellers to experience the distinct flavour of Japan, including many of its castles and Shrines such as the Temple of the Gold Pavilion, the Tadaiji Temple and Meiji Shrine. But that’s not all: Travellers on this tour will also discover Japan’s culture through extraordinary experiences including partaking in a traditional tea ceremony, sake-tasting and participating in a Japanese cooking class. They can also learn the art of calligraphy and the Yuzen dyeing technique used on kimonos.
- Globus’ Treasures of China (11 days): Delve into the unique world of China during this magnificent tour as you explore Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin, and Shanghai. As if walking along the Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Warriors wasn’t exciting enough, travellers on this tour will also experience a dance show from the Tang Dynasty, cruise the stunning Li River and visit a local tea farm.
- Globus’ Icons of India: The Taj, Tigers & Beyond (10 days): Discover India, a diverse country filled with a long history, a variety of languages, amazing monuments and a rich cultural heritage. On this spectacular vacation, travellers will not only spend time at the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, the Amber Fort and Jaipur (known as the “pink city”), they will also take part in an Indian food cooking demonstration, a home-hosted dinner with an Indian noble family and game drives through Ranthambore National Park.
- Globus’ Legacy of the Incas (12 days): Peru is one of the great originating centres of ancient culture and on this vacation, travellers will discover its archeological treasures and ancient ruins in Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and Cusco. Other memorable sites include the Uros Floating Islands and the Nazca Lines. Travellers on this adventure will also get a glimpse into local, rural Peruvian life and take part in a Mother Earth ceremony. It’s a trip of a lifetime.
- Globus’ South American Odyssey (16 days): Travellers have the opportunity to sample the distinct cultures of South America on this thrilling vacation to Brazil, Argentina and Chile, including stays in Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls, Buenos Aires, Bariloche and Santiago. This tour features unforgettable scenery and natural wonders as well as vibrant city life. Tour participants will take a memory-making Tango lesson, visit an estancia (ranch) and spend time in famous vineyards in Chile’s wine country.
Similar, value-focused vacations from Cosmos include: the China Experience; Brazil, Argentina & Chile Unveiled and Mysteries of the Inca Empire.
BOOK EARLY & SAVE: Book by April 28, 2020 and SAVE 5% on a Globus Asia, and South Pacific vacation or book by December 2, 2019 and 10% on South America itineraries.