Explore France with Emerald Waterways
Vive la France! Few countries inspire travellers quite like France. It is a land of elegant culture and fine cuisine, set against a dramatic backdrop of rolling countryside, rustic villages and chic cities. It is no surprise that France has inspired some of Europe’s most famous artists, sculptors, fashion designers and more.
A river cruise is the perfect way to explore the history and beauty of this incredible part of the world, transporting you through the nation’s unspoiled beauty spots and culture rich cities. An Emerald Waterways river cruise will take you to the very heart of France, via the Rhône and Saône rivers.
With Emerald Waterways, you have the flexibility to tailor your own experience, taking part in as much or as little as you want. Experience your vacation to the very fullest with an exciting collection of included cultural EmeraldPLUS and EmeraldACTIVE excursions as well as optional DiscoverMORE tours giving you further insight into the Provence region of France.
Experience Exceptional EmeraldVALUE
Emerald Waterway's exciting destinations and itineraries, exceptional contemporary amenities and service, and amazing range of thoughtful inclusions and options are designed so you can completely relax—and revel—in a truly lovely trip.
On board their award-winning Star-Ships, you’ll enjoy all that is included at no extra cost to you:
- Innovative on-board features like a heated pool with retractable roof and cinema
- Boutique hotel like accommodations with spacious cabins and our refreshing open air balcony system in all our suites
- All on-board meals and a collection of highlight dinners at Reflections Restaurant including a Provençal dinner with French Top Chef, Fabien Morreale
- A refined selection of wine, beer and soft drinks to accompany lunch and dinner
- Tea and coffee available at all times
- Bottled water restocked daily in your cabin
- Enjoy each port with an included shore excursion or walking tour
- Extra special included excursions courtesy of EmeraldPLUS
- Biking and hiking guided tours with EmeraldACTIVE
- Visits to many UNESCO World Heritage- listed sites
- Excellent service from an English-speaking crew
- Knowledgeable local guides at each destination
- Complimentary bicycles on board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- All airport transfers to and from your ship
- Plus Emerald Waterways even takes care of all gratuities
Explore samples of Emerald Waterway's South of France itineraries:
8 days Lyon to Nice (Arles) - April to October 2020 departures
Marvel at the unique variance of France; its romantic settings, historic villages, stunning scenery, French flavours and rolling vineyards. Before you transfer to Emerald's 138-guest Emerald Liberté, spend a day exploring Lyon, France’s gastronomic capital. Sail on to Tournon, to taste the world-renowned wines of Beaujolais and Burgundy; marvel at the grandeur of the Palais du Pape in historic, picturesque Avignon; and be awestruck by the splendour of the Roman-era Arles Colosseum.
Enjoy exclusive cheese and olive oil tastings in Provence, and DiscoverMORE with a visit to Les Baux-de-Provence set in the Alpilles regional country park and a World Heritage-listed Site, or the charming medieval town of Perouges. Further, enhance your journey post-Rhône cruise with an extended stay in Nice, with tours of Monte Carlo and Monaco.
8 days Lyon Roundtrip - July & August 2020 departures
Perfect for the wine lovers and foodies!
In Tournus, embark on a hunt for truffles with a local farmer and take part in a cheese tasting on board your luxurious Star-Ship. In Burgundy enjoy the local wines, and sail the Rhône to Tain l’Hermitage for a guided hike through vineyards and a visit to the Valrhona Cité du Chocolat museum. Enjoy a walking tour of Avignon and taste the local gourmet selection of pastries, sightsee in the historic hilltop village Châteauneuf-du-Pape and sip on a bold glass of red wine, renowned for its taste and and in one of the most versatile regions for wine and food pairings. Back on board you will enjoy a Provençal dinner prepared by special guest chef Fabien Morreale.