On February 28, 2018 at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Saga Cruises held the 'Steel Cutting Ceremony' for their brand new ship. This signaled the start of the building process.
Follow Saga’s video blog to see this and other key moments in the creation of Saga’s brand new luxury ship. Spirit of Discovery will take to the oceans in just 15 month's time.
Inaugural Season starts July 19 and will feature:
- 10 passenger decks - 999 guests
- 540 all-balcony staterooms
- Five dining venues - all complimentary
- Complimentary wine with lunch and dinner
- Complimentary chauffeur transfer to ship
- All onboard gratuities and service charges included
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Traditional British afternoon tea
- Optional included insurance
- Explore Ashore - bespoke destination experiences
See you on board!