Start your journey on board the 5-star Scenic Pearl in the fascinating Bavarian city of Nuremberg, dating back to the 11th century. Enjoy an evening welcome reception, where your award-winning host Debbie Travis will be introduced. Your first cruise stop, Regensburg, offers a rich sightseeing experience, from its medieval Old Town to the famous Bavarian Forest on its border. If you’re feeling active, hop aboard an e-bike for a self-guided cycle to the Walhalla monument.
Upon your arrival in Passau, you have a choice to visit the medieval Czech city of Cesky Krumlov, a World Heritage-listed Old Town, or journey to Salzburg to explore the birthplace of Mozart and the backdrop for the film “The Sound of Music”.
In Melk, enjoy a visit to the magnificent 18th century Benedictine Abbey, or embark on a guided bike ride along the river from Melk to Dürnstein. Alternatively, meet the current owners of Artstetten Castle, once home to the Archduke France Ferdinand, whose assassination sparked the beginning of WWI. Enjoy an onboard evening presentation by Debbie Travis.
Gems of the Danube / April 19, 2023 / 8 days Nuremberg to Budapest
There are many activity choices available to you in Vienna. Explore the city on a guided cycling tour of the Danube Island or discover the Belvedere Museum, one of Europe’s most stunning Baroque landmarks. Tour the breathtaking Schönbrunn Palace; visit the acclaimed wine region and hear the tales of Vienna’s long wine making tradition or journey outside of Vienna on a guided tour of historic Bratislava (the capital city of Slovakia). In the evening, breathe in the opulence and luxury of Palais Liechtenstein while enjoying a glass of fine Austrian Sekt. Then be enthralled by an enchanting private classical concert featuring the timeless music of Strauss and Mozart.
Your journey concludes in Budapest, one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, where architectural treasures on a grand scale await you. Join a guided city tour including a piano concert, or discover the city’s Jewish heritage. Alternatively, take a guided hike to Buda Hill, or journey to nearby Szentendre, known for its museums, galleries and artists. You will also have the opportunity to learn how to make a traditional Hungarian dish with a local.
So immerse yourself in local traditions and Europe’s history as you sail the mighty Danube. With Scenic, it’s more than a five-star river cruise. It’s truly all-inclusive luxury in a class of its own, with exquisite cuisine, exceptional experiences, and an innovative Space-Ship taking you to the very heart of this spectacular region.
The Scenic Pearl carries 159 guests and features four decks including the Sun Deck, Diamond Deck, Sapphire Deck and Jewel Deck, each of which is home to a number of suites and staterooms, as well as handful of inviting public spaces and dining venues — including Crystal Dining, Riverview Terrace, Portobellos and the Panorama Lounge Bar. No matter which deck you find yourself walking home to after an evening spent savouring the taste sensations of Table La Rive, or else watching the world float by from Riverview Terrace, you’ll be struck by the level of opulence and luxury afforded to every aspect of this unique river cruise liner.
Guests booking this special Gems of the Danube departure will have multiple opportunities to interact with and learn from Debbie. An evening welcome reception kicks off the cruise in Nuremberg and features cocktails and the chance to meet Debbie and a meet and greet session is slated for the morning in Regensburg. Debbie with also host a special evening presentation that will be exclusive to Debbie Travis guests.
- A welcome reception introducing Debbie Travis
- A meet and greet session with Debbie Travis
- An onboard evening presentation by multi award-winning designer, TV host and author Debbie Travis
Truly all-inclusive Scenic luxury
- 5-Star Scenic Space-Ships with only 159 guests
- Spacious Balcony Suites with an innovative Scenic Sun Lounge
- 1 Scenic Enrich experience of an enchanting private classical evening concert at Palais Liechtenstein – Exclusive to Scenic
- Personalise your trip with 23 included Scenic Freechoice activities
- Dine at your choice of up to five on board venues, from casual to fine dining
- 20 meals – 7 breakfasts (B), 6 lunches (L) and 7 dinners (D)
- Complimentary premium on board beverages all day, every day – not just at meal times
- Butler service for every suite throughout your cruise
- Complimentary full mini-bar throughout your cruise
- Innovative Salt Therapy Lounge and fitness area
- Scenic Tailormade App for river commentary and independent exploration
- The freedom of our e-bikes – electrically assisted bicycles
- Scenic Cruise Director to guide and assist & expert local guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout your cruise
- Return airport transfers
- All tipping and gratuities on board and on shore
Contact your Travel Professional for additional details.