When one door closes, another one opens. For Canadians, facing closed borders, the Globus family of brands is intent on opening-up opportunities for safe, experiential travel – not across borders or oceans, but across the country. To begin this effort, Globus successfully operated a Canadian Rockies Escape in October for Canadian travellers. Based on that experience, for the New Year, the company is launching two new Escapes, in Canada for Canadians.
“Travellers driven by wanderlust do not need to cross oceans – or even borders – to enjoy the wonder and awe that travel implores,” said Chris Jones, director of marketing for the Globus family of brands. “Our own Canadian backyard is full of beautiful national parks; culturally rich cities; tiny, historic towns and a world of fascination, waiting to be discovered. Our new itineraries cater to Canadians, inviting them to enjoy the splendor of the country. And, if successful, will showcase a pivot for us in focus and possibilities, opening even more regional vacations for locals in the New Year.”
The new tours unveiled this week for Canadian travellers are “Escapes”: Vacations operated during the off-season ensuring fewer crowds, milder temperatures and better deals. They are:
- NEW! West Coast Escape (five days, priced from $1,279). On this getaway, Canadians are invited to make an escape to Vancouver and Victoria. On trip, they will enjoy guided sightseeing through Vancouver’s scenic waterfront, Chinatown and Stanley Park with free time to explore the city and its restaurants before boarding a scenic ferry crossing through the Gulf Islands to Victoria on Vancouver Island for a 3-night stay surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty.
- NEW! Rockies Escape (six days, priced from $1,289). On this tour, travellers will explore Alberta’s magnificent Rocky Mountains. They will begin in the capital city of Edmonton for an overnight stay, including guided sightseeing and free time before continuing to Jasper to discover frozen waterfalls, ice caves and the stunning Maligne Canyon of Jasper National Park. They can also choose a Wildlife Discovery Tour in search of the fascinating flora and fauna that call the park home.
On these Escapes, Canadian travellers will be privy to many enhanced safety standards, thanks to Globus’ new On-Trip Assurance program with protocols, developed by its global Health & Safety Team, including:
- Pre-trip health screenings and temperature checks, plus daily health checks.
- Freshly cleaned and disinfected motorcoach with touch-ups at every stop.
- Select seating (only next to those in your travel party), required hand sanitization and luggage disinfection (before boarding each vehicle).
- Social distancing whenever possible, thanks in part to Globus Go Beyond Devices; Wearing masks when social distancing is not a possibility.
- Touch-free meals (no self-service options at hotels or alike).
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection standards and protocols at hand-picked hotels.
For more information, visit www.globusjourneys.ca.
SPECIAL OFFER: Book by January 4, 2021 & SAVE 10% on select 2021 Globus Canada vacations. Plus, book by December 31, 2020, mention code CATL100 & SAVE an EXTRA $200 per couple!*