Holland America Line has opened bookings on its 2022 Canada and New England cruises aboard Zaandam and Nieuw Statendam.
The ships will offer a series of six- through eight-day “Canada & New England Discovery” departures featuring New England’s quintessential towns and Canada’s undeniable Old-World French flair. Aboard Nieuw Statendam, guests also can set off on explorations up to 24 days that stretch to Newfoundland, Greenland and Iceland, where the region’s dramatic landscapes are the star of the journey.
New and Notable in 2022:
- In August 2022, Nieuw Statendam will debut as the first Pinnacle Class ship to sail to Canada, New England and beyond.
- A new 24-day cruise departing Aug. 3 on Nieuw Statendam sails roundtrip from Boston, Massachusetts, and circumnavigates Iceland, making six calls around the country, with additional visits to Greenland, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Ports include Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; Saint-Pierre, St. John’s, Red Bay, St. Anthony and Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Qaqortoq (Julianehåb) and Nanortalik (Ilivileq), Greenland; and Reykjavík (evening stay), Djúpivogur, Seydisfjörur, Akureyri, Isafjörour and Grundarfjörour, Iceland.
- Zaandam will cruise between Boston and Montréal, Québec, Canada, in both the summer and fall on a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” cruises with convenient weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, and the Canadian destinations of Québec City, Québec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Sydney and Halifax.
- Nieuw Statendam will sail six- through eight-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries between Boston and Québec City, with weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. The eight-day cruise adds Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Nieuw Statendam offers longer “Newfoundland & New England Discovery” cruises that sail between Boston and Québec City. Ports on the 10-day cruise include Baie-Comeau and Havre-Saint-Pierre, Québec; and Corner Brook, St. Anthony, St. John’s, Halifax and Bar Harbor. The 11-day departure calls at Portland, Maine; Saguenay, Québec; and Saint John, Halifax, Corner Brook (evening stay), Charlottetown and Baie-Comeau.
- Both ships will cruise the region in the fall so more guests can view the impressive display of the changing foliage. Itineraries feature scenic cruising through the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord.
- Holland America Line, with its perfect sized ships, is one of the only major cruise lines able to cruise the scenic St. Lawrence River, with calls at Montréal and Québec City on nearly every itinerary.
- Zaandam offers nine-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic Coast between Montréal and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in May and October, while Nieuw Statendam leisurely cruises from Québec City to Fort Lauderdale in October on a 14-day voyage.
Explore Food, Wine and Culture on Culinary Tours
Exclusive shore excursions in partnership with FOOD & WINE magazine showcase the tastes of the region. On Canada and New England cruises, guests can indulge in authentic poutine and maple syrup-infused treats or farm-to-fork cuisine in Quebec City; sail on a classic lobster boat, then dine at a 'down east' Maine lobster bake in Bar Harbor; explore the best of Nova Scotia's culinary scene along Halifax’s iconic waterfront boardwalk; and sample Prince Edward Island's freshly-shucked oysters, lobster sliders and homegrown mussels.
Save Now, Cruise Later
For a limited time, guests who book 2022 Canada & New England cruises by April 19, 2021, can receive up to $2,300 in amenities, including a free Signature Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities, free Signature Dining Package and 50% reduced deposits, plus free Wi-Fi for suites. Canada and New England cruise-only pricing starts at US$799 per person, double occupancy.
For more information about Holland America Line, visit hollandamerica.com.