Riviera River Cruises offers its guests 20 exciting itineraries across 10 European rivers and waterways, including dedicated solo traveller departures with no single supplement charged in all stateroom and suite categories. Similar to boutique style hotels, Riviera’s 12 five-star ships comprise one of the youngest and most modern fleets in Europe, featuring spacious staterooms and suites (83% with full or French balcony), fine culinary experiences from plentiful breakfasts to four-course dinners with international and regional specialties, first-class service from an English speaking crew ready to tend to your every need, as well as expert-led excursions to classic sights and lesser-known places in every port of call.
Introducing 6 brand new itineraries for you to choose from:
- Christmas on the Rhine: Cologne Roundtrip aboard MS Oscar Wilde (December 21, 2021) - Perfect for exploring the charming riverside towns and cities of Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg, Boppard and Cologne. Also includes a Christmas Day gala dinner, a Christmas musical performance, a folklore show and a classical music concert on board.
- Christmas on the Blue Danube: Budapest Roundtrip aboard MS William Wordsworth (December 22, 2021) - Perfect for seeing Vienna and Schönbrunn Palace, Budapest, Bratislava, Salzburg, Linz, Melk Abbey and Esztergom. Also includes a Christmas Day gala dinner, a Christmas classical quartet recital and a Hungarian Christmas folklore show on board.
- New Year on the Rhine: Cologne Roundtrip aboard MS Oscar Wilde (December 28, 2021) - Perfect for welcoming in the New Year in style with tours of Rüdesheim, Frankfurt, Koblenz and Cologne. Also includes New Year’s Eve gala dinner, midnight drinks and canapés, a New Year’s Day brunch, a classical music concert on board and so much more.
- New Year on the Blue Danube: Budapest Roundtrip aboard MS William Wordsworth (December 29, 2021) - Perfect for a New Year to remember, with visits to Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Schönbrunn Palace. Also includes New Year’s Eve gala dinner, midnight drinks and canapés, a New Year’s Day brunch, a classical music recital and a Hungarian folklore show on board.
- The Seine, Paris & Normandy: Paris Roundtrip aboard MS Jane Austen (April 5 – October 25, 2022 departures) - Departing from romantic Paris on a wonderfully scenic cruise along the majestic Seine into the heart of one of France's most historic and picturesque regions, Normandy. Explore the delights of the historic little town of Les Andelys, Rouen, one of Europe’s finest medieval cities with its stunning cathedral, and the pretty village of Caudebec with time for an after dinner stroll in this most typical of French villages. Then to Bayeux, spared significant war damage, it retains its wealth of splendid buildings as well as the legendary and stunning tapestry for which it is so famed. You will also see some of the many thought-provoking monuments and places along the Normandy coast and reflect on the remarkable story of the D-Day landings on your visit to Gold Beach and the remnants of Mulberry Harbour. Your cruise would not be complete without a visit to charming Honfleur - its near perfect waterfront of tall pastel-coloured 18th century houses, traditional shops and maze of streets providing the inspiration for the Impressionist painter Claude Monet to paint here many times. Countless sleepy villages silently drift by as you arrive in delightful Vernon, with its half-timbered streets, from where you take the short drive to Giverny visiting Claude Monet’s home and one of the world’s most famous and most painted gardens, before you head back for a full day in Paris. From the Notre Dame to the Arc de Triomphe, the Sacre-Coeur to the Eiffel Tour, the Louvre to the Pompidou Centre, the smart shopping of the Galeries Lafayette to bohemian Montmartre, the list is endless and the variety arguably unmatchable; this breathtaking city never fails to inspire no matter how many times you get the chance to visit.
- Amsterdam, Cologne and the Best of Holland & Flanders: Amsterdam (April 27, May 2, May 3, July 12, August 29, October 4/22) or Cologne (July 5, August 22, September 27/22) departures - This eight-day cruise travels the Dutch waterways and Rhine River from Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands to maritime Rotterdam, medieval Ghent and Belgium’s second city, Antwerp, before arriving in Germany's magnificent Cologne (or vice versa). Wander the picture perfect streets of medieval towns, gaze in awe at magnificent Gothic architecture, discover urban landscapes and the iconic windmills of a bygone age – this itinerary embraces the rich and diverse cultural heritage of these three European neighbours, inextricably linked by history and their fascinating waterways. You will also take in Rotterdam’s interesting architecture, UNESCO-listed stunning Bruges’ historic center and Cologne’s twin-spired Gothic cathedral during included guided tours, as well as a visit to the iconic Kinderdijk windmills, and either the Airborne Museum or Het Loo Palace near Arnhem, depending on the itinerary.
PLUS the Floriade Expo, taking place only Once every 10 years!!!
Floriade Expo, the Netherland’s largest public event and the only recurring horticultural Expo in Europe, takes place once every ten years and provides 40 inspiring country presentations with Japan being introduced in 2022. Floriade features a spectacular greenhouse complex, an arboretum, a cable car ride over the park, pavilions with sustainable innovations, including an exciting new bee pavilion called Alvarium, as well as a vibrant arts and culture program and so much more. All of this made available to Riviera’s guests on the Amsterdam, Cologne and the Best of Holland & Flanders itinerary in 2022.
Your Riviera River Cruise Inclusions:
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure
- Welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Guided tours in all ports of call
- Complimentary on-board tea, coffee and water
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and concierge
- All port charges and taxes
Riviera guarantees exceptional value, promising never to add hidden
surcharges or fees, and it doesn’t automatically include gratuities or
drinks, so the choice is always up to you, the guest.
For your peace of mind, Riviera requires all guests on their cruises to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or to have presented a negative test before travelling.
Contact your Travel Professional for complete details or visit here.