Silversea Cruises has announced its long-awaited return to service in the Galápagos Islands aboard new ship Silver Origin, which arrived in San Cristóbal on April 30. With Silver Origin departing on her inaugural season from June 19, the cruise line will welcome guests on all-new itineraries, which have been enriched to take guests deeper into the archipelago, and to increase the quality and frequency of experiences on offer.
Full vaccinations will be mandatory for guests and crew embarking Silver Origin from June 19, forming part of a comprehensive, multi-layered set of science-backed protocols that will help to safeguard the health and safety of guests, crew, and visited communities.
“Having worked exceptionally hard on our healthy return to service plan, we are delighted to be nearing the moment in which our extended family is reunited aboard our two new ships, Silver Origin and Silver Moon,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President and CEO. “We extend our sincerest gratitude to the Ecuadorian Government and the Galápagos Government Council for their ongoing cooperation and their willingness to welcome cruising back to this remarkable archipelago. The first ship to join our fleet since Silversea Cruises joined the Royal Caribbean Group and our cruise line’s first destination-specific ship, Silver Origin is unique in her elegance. Following an extended period at home, our guests are eager to continue their discovery of our planet, and there are few destinations that inspire travellers with such unique natural beauty as the Galápagos Islands.”
“Our two new itineraries have been thoughtfully crafted by our destination experts to optimize the cruise experience in this extraordinary part of the world, providing more opportunities for guests to admire the archipelago’s iconic wildlife species, including the Galápagos Penguin, green sea turtles, endemic land and marine iguanas, whitetip reef sharks, Galápagos sea lions, and many remarkable bird species,” said Fernando Delgado, Vice President and General Manager of Silversea Cruises Ecuador. “And with Silver Origin offering the highest expert guide-to-guest ratio (1:10) and the highest Zodiac-to-guest ratio (1:12.5) in the region, travellers will enjoy the most iconic experiences on offer with unprecedented insight and access.”
Silver Origin will sail on two alternating itineraries that incorporate five maiden calls, including the beautiful island of Santa Fe. Each itinerary will include calls in the iconic islands of Fernandina and Isabela – regularly described as the region’s must-visit destinations – and will each include enriched programs ashore. Sample itineraries include:
- Western Itinerary – San Cristóbal to Baltra: On this itinerary, Silver Origin will depart from San Cristóbal, calling at Kicker Rock, Isla Bartolomé, Buccaneer Cove (Santiago), Punta Vicente Roca (Isabela), Punta Espinoza (Fernandina), Tagus Cove (Isabela), Elizabeth Bay (Isabela), Post Office Bay (Floreana), Champion Islet (Floreana), Punta Cormorant (Floreana), Santa Cruz Highlands, Fausto Llerena Breeding Centre in Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz), Cerro Dragon (Santa Cruz), Isla Guy Fawkes, and Bahía Borrero (Santa Cruz), before arriving in Baltra. This varied itinerary showcases the geographical diversity of the Galápagos Islands, including a first-hand experience of the multiple ecosystems that exist within this small archipelago. Throughout these lands, and in their surrounding waters, guests will admire the Galápagos’ rich variety of wildlife, as well as its volcanic landscapes, while learning about the region’s history of whalers and pirates. Each experience will nurture a connection with the destination, fostering a deep appreciation for the majesty of nature here.
- North-Central Itinerary – Baltra to San Cristóbal: On this itinerary, Silver Origin will depart from Baltra, before calling in Daphne Major, Prince Philip’s Steps (Genovesa), Darwin Bay (Genovesa), North Seymour, Sullivan Bay (Santiago), Punta Mangle (Fernandina), Punta Moreno (Isabela), Fausto Llerena Breeding Centre in Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz), Isla Santa Fé, Gardner Bay (Española), Punta Suarez (Española), Rodriguez Breeding Centre (San Cristóbal), and Cerro Brujo (San Cristóbal), ahead of arriving in San Cristóbal. Preserving the main highlights of the original route, the enhanced North-Central itinerary will introduce experiences that will appeal particularly to bird and nature lovers. Guests will snorkel with sea turtles in Fernandina and meet the iconic Galápagos Penguins in Isabela, but will also have the opportunity to discover the ‘bird islands’ of Genovesa and Espanola, as well as the brand-new destination of Santa Fé island—home to an endemic iguana that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Another highlight is Punta Mangle, with its mangroves, lava fields, and Flightless Cormorants.
Integrating the latest state-of-the-art technology and designed with a focus on the pillars of sustainability, destination on board, expedition experience, authentic local culture, and comfort and service, the all-suite, all-balcony, 100-guest Silver Origin will welcome travellers year-round in the unique Galápagos Archipelago. The ship will provide guests with the ultimate destination experience, inspired by Silversea’s accrued expertise and founded on a deep respect for the fragility of the natural environment, while maintaining the cruise line’s trademark quality of service.
Silversea’s All-Inclusive Offering in the Galápagos
- Silversea’s all-inclusive offering in the Galápagos Archipelago includes, as standard:
- International roundtrip flights (exceptions apply)
- Roundtrip flight between Ecuador and the Galápagos
- Two pre-cruise hotel nights in Quito and one post-cruise day-use hotel (depending on flight schedule) in Guayaquil
- Quito by night tour
- Transfers and luggage handling
- National Park and immigration fees
- Highly-qualified Expedition Team, comprising experts in their field
- Guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shore-side activities
- Enrichment lectures by our Expedition Team
- Complimentary backpack, water bottle, snorkeling mask, and snorkel
- Complimentary use of wetsuits and snorkeling fins
- Butler service in every suite category
- Onboard gratuities
- Multiple open-seated restaurants, serving diverse cuisine and an in-suite 24-hour dining service
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including sparkling and selected wines, premium spirits, soft drinks, and more
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
For more information, visit Silversea.com.