With just four months to go until MSC Seashore comes into service this August in the Mediterranean, MSC Cruises revealed new details of what will undoubtedly be one of the line’s most innovative next-generation ships yet. Building on the game-changing and pioneering design of the Seaside class of ship, aimed at bringing guests closer to the sea, MSC Seashore has been extended and enhanced with a variety of brand-new features, spaces and experiences for her guests to enjoy. This class of ship is designed to be lived and enjoyed outside and MSC Seashore takes this concept to a whole new level.
Celebrating the Outdoors with New Design Features
MSC Seashore, offers a range of stand-out design features to connect guests with the sea. At 339 metres, the company’s new flagship will become the longest ship in the fleet and will be the largest ship ever to be built in Italy by Fincantieri, one of the world’s largest shipbuilding groups and leaders in cruise ship design and construction.
Stand-out design features include the spectacular glass-floored Bridge of Sighs located at the unique vantage point on deck 16 - 22 metres above the Infinity Pool on deck 8, stunning panoramic aft elevators, a brand-new lounge, Cabaret Rouge, spanning two decks with panoramic views of the sea, and offering new entertainment experiences, and stylish glass-floor catwalks on either side of the ship on a waterfront promenade.
MSC Seashore pays tribute to New York City, a destination
which represents the spirit of discovery and cultural experiences that is at
the heart of the MSC Cruises guest experience. As such, many of the ship's design
features, public areas and venue names are inspired by this vibrant city.
They include an imposing three-metre-high replica of the Statue of
Liberty at the heart of the casino and a newly designed expansive retail
and entertainment area, aptly named Times Square. The main feature is an impressive 8.5 metre-high LED wall spanning four
decks with a projection of Manhattans's iconic skyline that changes from day to night.
Here is what you can look forward to when sailing aboard the MSC Seashore
Ultimate Poolside Relaxation
The pool experience on MSC Seashore has been taken to a whole new level with enhancements and new features for all six pools offering everything from thrills and adventure for younger guests through to stylish poolside relaxation for those looking to unwind on board..
- The stunning aft pool has been redesigned to create an Infinity Pool, which extends right up to the very end of the aft, with a glass wall offering uninterrupted views of the ocean. This pool is one of the largest infinity pools at sea, offering a variety of different depths as well as sunbeds sunken in the water. As the pool is close to the water at deck 8, this is the perfect spot to connect with the sea and take in spectacular views from sunrise to sunset.
- Two new infinity whirlpool baths — one on each side of the outdoor promenade of Deck 8 — with 20 sea-facing seats so guests can treat themselves to the ultimate relaxation spot with the soothing water jets while enjoying striking sea views.
- Long Island Pool (the main pool on deck 18) offers two different depths so that guests can choose to swim or simply stand and hang-out in the water. The newly designed area also includes a 360-degree water fountain island in the centre as well as a new lounge space within the pool. In order to enhance this part of the ship further, Long Island Pool is now connected with the aqua park with a Pirate Cove theme to create an extensive water area. The kids’ clubs are also located on deck 18, making this the go-to deck for the whole family.
- The Jungle Pool features a larger magrodome that can be closed to create an indoor pool area when needed. This popular area has been enlarged and now includes an additional deck over and around the space, providing new areas for guests to sit and relax. It is then just a convenient short walk to the newly located buffet on deck 16 for a lunchtime snack – perfect for families who enjoy spending time by the pool.
Dining and Drinking Al Fresco
As part of the vision to enable guests to enjoy the outdoors and bring them closer to the sea, the ship offers a wide array of outdoor bar and café areas, with some brand-new options.
- A new location for the Chef’s Court that houses the five specialty restaurants on Deck 8. This new positioning of the specialty restaurants allows for the restaurants to have an improved sea view and MSC Cruises’ signature steakhouse, Butcher's Cut, will now offer outdoor seating and al fresco dining on the iconic waterfront promenade.
- MSC Seashore’s expansive buffet now includes a new outdoor aft dining area as well as the Sky Bar, which enables guests to enjoy their food outdoors or in the evening relax and unwind at the top of the ship taking in the sea air.
- Aurea spa guests can enjoy the exclusive Top 19 Solarium with its chic outdoor lounge area and bar.
The Largest Most Luxurious MSC Yacht Club
Located on the coveted foredecks on the ships, spanning four decks and providing sweeping sea views the MSC Yacht Club on MSC Seashore will become the largest and most luxurious in MSC Cruises’ fleet, with more public and outdoor space as well as new exclusive and luxurious suites.
Guests looking for a premium, all-inclusive cruise experience with exclusive, private amenities, 24-hour butler service and a dedicated concierge on-hand to facilitate any request – while still enjoying the recreation and entertainment possibilities that the rest of the ship offers – can choose to sail in the MSC Yacht Club, an exclusive ship-within-a-ship concept first launched in 2008.
The entrance to the Yacht Club will be even more remarkable and glamorous, featuring a three-deck 46 sqm back-lit Onyx wall and MSC Cruises’ signature sparkling Swarovski staircases. It connects all four decks, making guests feel like a true VIP as they enter the Yacht Club.
- Relax and enjoy unlimited complimentary drinks and gourmet canapés throughout the day in the elegant Top Sail Lounge. Indulge in a traditional afternoon tea after a morning’s sightseeing or while away the evening with a specialty cocktail in hand whilst listening to live music. The lounge has something special to offer guests from morning to night.
- Dine in the private gourmet restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an à la carte menu and beautiful sea views.
- An enhanced and extended pool area and sundeck features a larger private pool and a new panoramic whirlpool with eight seats and individual jets plus a standard whirlpool.
- Unwind in one of the shady cabanas whilst reading a book and having a snack.
- Choose from 131 glamorous suites with five different types, including the traditional interior, deluxe and royal suites, 2 brand new owner’s suites, as well as 41 newly introduced deluxe grand suites, with extra space and a walk-in closet.
- From November 2021, MSC Seashore will call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in The Bahamas and MSC Yacht Club guests will also benefit from privileges ashore including a private beach and Ocean House, serving all-inclusive food and drinks.
An all-inclusive experience with a host of privileges:
- Dedicated priority check-in and check-out as well as priority departure and return on excursion days.
- 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge, which makes the cruising experience truly personal and tailored to each individual guest’s needs.
- Unlimited drinks and dining within the Yacht Club.
- Inclusion of the Browse Internet package with unlimited data for two devices.
- Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa.
- Tailormade experiences from shopping to excursions.
- Nespresso coffee machine in each suite and complimentary mini bar, personalized with each guests’ preferences.
- Room service so that guests can enjoy a lazy morning with breakfast in bed.
- Other personal touches such as a luggage unpacking and packing service, newspaper delivered to your suite each day and something different delivered at turndown each night - a selection of sweet or savoury canapés each day
MSC continues to innovate not only in terms of their design and guest experience but also with their use of cutting-edge technology. MSC Seashore will be the first cruise ship in the world to feature a new air sanitation system developed by Fincantieri. ‘Safe Air’, uses UV-C lamp technology eliminating 99% of viruses and bacteria to guarantee clean and safe air for guests and crew. As part of MSC’s ongoing commitment to the environment and their journey towards total decarbonization, MSC Seashore will also be equipped with the latest-generation environmental technology with improvements to energy efficiency, the latest systems to reduce air emissions, as well as an advanced waste water treatment system with purification standards that are higher than most wastewater treatment facilities ashore.
For MSC’s Health and Safety Measures click here.
Mediterranean and Caribbean Itineraries
After entering service in August 2021 and spending an inaugural season in the Mediterranean calling at the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples and Messina, as well as Valetta in Malta, Barcelona in Spain and Marseille in France, the striking MSC Seashore will head to the U.S. where she will home port in Miami. Starting November 2021, MSC Seashore will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries, including stops at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises new private island in The Bahamas.
Contact your Travel Professional for more information on MSC Seashore or visit here .