The newly modernized Celebrity Millennium is officially ready to revolutionize modern travel. The ship’s dramatic transformation — part of the THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION — is just the beginning of Celebrity Cruises’ biggest fleet-wide modernization ever, with more than $500 million in luxurious upgrades taking the brand’s fleet to the Edge. On the all-new Celebrity Millennium, discerning world travellers will enjoy enhancements that include:
- Completely redesigned staterooms and suites
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, with an exclusive new sundeck and redesigned lounge
- Stunningly reimagined restaurants, bars, and lounges
- A redesigned spa and casino
- New designer boutiques featuring the hottest designer names
And all this is just the beginning.
“This is such an exciting moment for us as we finally get to share the new Celebrity Millennium with the world,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “She has been transformed from top to bottom. I want to share my deepest gratitude with the teams who have worked so hard to make this happen, and I can’t wait for our guests to experience this revolution in travel for themselves.”
Celebrity Millennium’s bow-to-stern transformation began on January 2, 2019, at the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. There, it spent a total of 35 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams.
When redesigning the staterooms and suites, every detail was carefully thought through with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms on board and turned to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE to refresh the suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Millennium.
Revolutionary enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- Refreshed suite design and finishes by Hoppen
- The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms with all-new finishes and fixtures
- Advanced RFID lock technology with digital key access has been added to every stateroom door
- A total of 30 new staterooms being added, including:
- 13 new AquaClass Staterooms
- Seven new Ocean View Staterooms
- 10 new Inside Staterooms
Celebrity is known to always be looking for new ways to open the world, not only through the places the brand visits, but through its globally inspired culinary experience, as well. The brand seized the “revolutionary” opportunity and reimagined many of the restaurants and lounges found on Celebrity Millennium, including:
- Upgraded Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
- Upgraded Main Restaurant, with more seating and updated fixtures
- Redesigned Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting events and entertainment from day to night, with everything from a newly enlarged bar serving up tantalizing cocktails to a quiet reading nook for curling up with a book
Guests will find even more luxurious enhancements across the ship as part of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, including:
- Advanced pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi has been enabled on the ship to help keep guests connected
- New boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world, including Shinola, John Hardy, and Hublot
- A new, wellness-focused Spa design by renowned New York design firm Krause Sawyer will transform the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- A new salon featuring services such as a blow dry bar and luxury manicures and pedicures designed for the ultimate in relaxation
- A newly enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where new therapeutic spaces and experiences, such a Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy, combine to create the ultimate wellness journey within this tranquil, soothing escape
- Enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery by HBA
- A sleek and sophisticated new Casino design in partnership with HBA
- A newly redesigned Casino Bar that’s poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate
- Introducing brand new, state-of-the-art slot machines that make The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea
Guests are not the only ones who will get to experience THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, as “revolutionary” enhancements were made across the crew areas, including accommodations.
Celebrity Millennium is just the first revolutionary revitalization for the brand. Celebrity Summit has already entered dry-dock in the Bahamas for its own stunning transformation, with seven more ships to be modernized by 2023. To learn more about THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, visit www.celebritycruises.com/revolution.