The islands of the Caribbean offer a warm welcome back to the travelling public, rich in fascinating history and the kind of natural beauty that astounds even the most seasoned globetrotter. The local tourism businesses have been working hard to make their islands safe for visitors and Antigua is an ideal home port to begin luxury journeys through such a paradise while supporting economic growth in the region and delivering the kind of luxuries and hospitality Crystal guests have been craving for the past year.
Beginning August 5 and all through December, including the December 23rd holiday sailing, Crystal Symphony will sail a series of fifteen 10-night Luxury Caribbean Escapes round-trip from St. John’s, visiting the Caribbean’s most celebrated destinations. These islands are famed for their colourful boutiques; intriguing histories still showing Dutch, French, British and other global influences; innate spirit of outdoor adventure; and breathtaking shorelines of brilliant blue waters and powder-soft beaches.
The all-inclusive luxury vessel spends overnights in St. John’s (Antigua), Bridgetown (Barbados) and
Philipsburg (St. Maarten) allowing guests more time ashore, and provides sunset sail-aways in Tobago, Castries (St. Lucia) and Tortola (British Virgin Islands) on her ten-night itinerary.
- St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda – With its UNESCO-listed English Harbour on the south coast and an enduring British heritage, St. John’s is the starting point for Antigua’s rich historic highlights. But it’s the 365 beaches – one for every day of the year – that make the island a picture-perfect destination.
- Bridgetown, Barbados – The Barbados UNESCO-listed capital still wears its British history proudly, with significant sites throughout the city to appeal to history buffs. From the original Trafalgar Square and Broad Street’s bustling shops to the island’s famous rum, beautiful Botanical Gardens and Harrison Limestone Cave, there is much to discover beyond the crystal-clear sea.
- Trinidad and Tobago – The tiny, relaxed half of this two-island nation is ideal for travellers seeking to connect with nature, offering rain forest hikes, spectacular dive sites and secluded bays and nature reserves. Pigeon Point Nature Reserve is a highlight here, offering 125 acres of pristine natural landscape, with boating, diving and wildlife observation opportunities.
- Castries, St. Lucia – Vibrant colour and Creole flavour are at the heart of the town, while toward the pristine beaches, visitors will find world-class scuba diving and lush surrounding forest punctuated by the UNESCO-listed towering green Pitons. Guests can also visit Sulphur Springs, the only volcano in the world where people can dive in for mud baths.
- Philipsburg, St. Maarten – This tiny land mass boasts a robust local culture that stretches beyond the predominant Dutch-French sides. Travellers will find innovative fine cuisine, passion for the great outdoors and water sports of all kinds, as well as hiking and zip lining. With the extra day here, guests can also explore farther with a visit to neighbouring Saba, the untouched “Queen of the Caribbean.”
- Tortola, Roadtown, British Virgin Islands – The capital of the British Virgin Islands, Tortola is a haven for beachgoers and scuba enthusiasts, who will relish the shipwrecks to explore and will find rewarding post-hike views on bougainvillea-covered hills. A brief ferry ride takes visitors to Virgin Gorda, where The Baths’ granite boulders lay out an impressive geological wonder across the breathtaking beach.
And if 11 days of Michelin-inspired dining, world-class entertainment and six-star service at every turn is not enough for you to completely relax and get away from the stress of every-day, consider extending your stay with a pre- or post- cruise land travel option at Antigua's Blue Waters Resort. You will enjoy luxury accommodations, all-inclusive meals, airport/ship/hotel transfers and more island time at a resort spread across 17 acres of tropical gardens and secluded coves, with seven pools and a host of wellness activities to choose from.
Crystal's guests must be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to boarding any Crystal ship. This new requirement is in addition to existing, comprehensive Crystal Clean+ measures which include negative COVID-19 tests for both guests and crew, reduced capacity, social distancing, mask requirements and health screening questionnaires.
Crystal offers Book Now Savings of up to $1,000 per guest and As You Wish spending credits of $200 per guest. Returning guests also enjoy double Crystal Society Savings of five percent while new to Crystal guests will save an additional 2.5 percent. Cruisers can book their Luxury Caribbean Escapes with a reduced deposit of just 15 percent and have until 60 days prior to departure to make final payments. Single supplements for these voyages begin at just 125 percent. Guests with Future Cruise Credits and Future Cruise Payments may redeem them on these voyages.