For 2020, Globus and Cosmos have announced the launch of three new “Undiscovered” tours in Italy and Great Britain.
“On an undiscovered tour with Globus and Cosmos, we lead travellers away from the lines of the Colosseum to go down the sunny streets of quiet Tuscan towns; away from the hustle and bustle of London and into quaint villages in the heart of the British countryside,” said Steve Born, chief marketing officer for the Globus family of brands. “This inventive series of touring vacations invites our travelers to leave behind the crowds and forget the familiar, trading them for places beloved by the locals.”
Thanks to the popularity of its “Undiscovered” tours, Globus and Cosmos are increasing offerings in Italy and Great Britain by 15 percent. New vacations joining the portfolio for 2020 are:
- Globus’ NEW! Southern Italy & Greece with 4-Night Cruise (19 days, priced from $4,599): Compare the coasts, culture and cuisine of three magnificent countries on this laidback land and cruise tour. Sunrises and sunsets. Vino and ouzo and cannoli and baklava are in store as travelers make their way from Sicily and Southern Italy to glorious Greece and the Turquoise Coast of Turkey.
- Cosmos’ NEW! Sicily (8 days, priced from $1,199): From the grumbling volcano of Mount Etna to the cities and seaside escapes of Cefalu, Trapani and Marsala, Sicily explodes with its distinctive history, beauty and cuisine. On this new vacation, travelers can follow in the footsteps of half the ancient civilized world to discover a unique melting pot of cultures.
- Globus’ NEW! Scottish Highland Fling (10 days, priced from $2,699): Mountains and moors; castles and kings; battlefields and bagpipers; glens and golf … This encompassing journey through the highlights and hidden gems of the Highlands advances from fling to full-on affair.
“For travellers who may have already experienced the highlights of Rome, Florence and Venice, our robust offering of Undiscovered Italy tours showcase an entire country of diverse regions, people, traditions and cuisines to discover,” said Born. “And beyond the London Bridge are uncrowded England, Scotland and Wales filled with bonnie shires, unhurried hamlets and highland villages. These vacations showcase the ‘secret’ places where locals holiday.”
Other “Undiscovered” tours introduced in recent months as part of this program include:
GLOBUS Britain Uncovered (12 days, priced from $2,429)
- Explore Exeter, a small city on the Exe River that packs a vibrant punch of history and heritage
- Get to know the locals in Widecombe-in-the-Moor while enjoying a pint of Shandy
- Wander around Tintern’s stunning scenery, including the crumbling ruins of the magnificent Cistercian Abbey in Wales’ beautiful Wye Valley (which served as inspiration for Jane Austen)
- Grow speechless standing in the Tudor-style birthplace of William Shakespeare in Stratford-Upon-Avon on the banks of the River Avon.
GLOBUS Hidden Treasures of Southern England (6 days, priced from $1,394)
- Bath. First enjoyed by the Romans, the curative mineral waters of Bath – and its splendid Georgian architecture – remain a respite for today’s traveler.
- Cotswolds. Dramatic hills and sweeping meadows dotted with stately castles, honey-colored villages and charming thatched-roof cottages provide travelers a fairytale setting.
- Tetbury. An “architectural gem,” this charming wool town invites travelers to step back in time to enjoy backdrops reminiscent of the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Isle of Wight. This is a yachter’s playground set on England’s South Coast.
COSMOS British Highlights (6 days, priced from $949)
- Spend time in Cardiff, a destination nestled between an ancient fort and modern waterfront, with captivating architecture and energizing nightlife.
- Walk along the medieval streets of Chester, lined with history’s signature timber-framed homes.
- Breathe in the beauty and serenity of The Lake District, England’s most treasured national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fall in love with Gretna Green, Scotland’s most romantic village.
COSMOS Scottish Outland Adventure (7 days, priced from $1,149)
- Indulge in the views surveyed by Scotland’s greatest Kings and Queens. Built atop a volcanic plug, Stirling Castle served as both a palace and fortress for centuries.
- Discover Strathpeffer, a highland spa town that rose to prominence during Victorian times. Today, it is a popular home base for exploring the coasts of the northern Highlands.
- Forget about Nessie and get lost in the breathtaking scenery on the waters of Loch Ness.
- Be dazzled by 50 misty miles of superlative Scottish landscapes while traveling the rugged terrain of the Isle of Skye, made up of magnificent mountains, woodlands, waterfall and lochs.
GLOBUS Hidden Treasures of Southern Italy (9 days, priced from $2,036)
- Wander through Old Town Bari and savor the flavors of fresh produce and wine from the region.
- Stroll the streets of Alberobello and soak in the views of the “Trullo.”
- Explore the caves of Castellana Grotte – one of the most amazing natural wonders of Italy. The kaleidoscope of colorful stalactites, stalagmites and fossils will leave travelers speechless.
- Enjoy a leisurely day in Sorrento – the breathtaking gateway to the Amalfi Coast.
GLOBUS The Sicilian (10 days, priced from $2,249)
- Take in the local culture of one of Palermo’s many lively and colorful city markets.
- Walk through the magnificent Valley of the Temples – dating back to the 6th century BC – in Agrigento. Even travelers who have visited Athens are awed by the Greek structures here.
- Enjoy Ragusa’s oldest district – the IBLA (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Take a morning excursion to majestic Mount Etna in the Taormina Riviera to see panoramic views of the entire island of Sicily.
COSMOS Gourmet Tuscany (8 days, priced from $1,389)
- Spend time in Vinci, a hillside hamlet with twisting streets and splendid views. This town is the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Enjoy Lucca, a pedestrian and peddler’s dream thanks to limited car use. Here, travelers can enjoy a lively café-crawl snack brunch before visiting the stunning gardens of Palazzo Pfanner.
- Visit Greve’s medieval square – and the traditional butcher shop that has operated there since 1729 – before venturing to the vineyards and wineries of the Chianti Valley.
COSMOS Apulia, The Heel of Italy (8 days, priced from $1,189)
- Explore the caves of Castellana Grotte – one of the most amazing natural wonders of Italy.
- Visit the picturesque town of Alberobello, surrounded by olive gardens, orchards and vineyards. This is a place to stroll and soak in the views.
- Enjoy the “Florence of the South” – a small gem of a town called Lecce.
- Spend time in Fasano – a foodie’s paradise overflowing with local delicacies and seafood from the nearby Adriatic Sea.
DEAL ALERT: Book early for the best deals of the year and save 10% on Globus Europe vacations.