Regent Seven Seas Cruises has released details of five new theatre performances that will debut on Seven Seas Splendor when the highly anticipated luxury cruise ship launches in February 2020.
From a dueling battle between rock and country musical genres to a story of adventure and romance to a thriller filled with intrigue, these lavishly staged musical productions await guests on Seven Seas Splendor’s inaugural season. All are produced by Regent’s theatrical team of accomplished choreographers, writers and directors:
- Bohemian Soul follows a group of bold travellers who follow the sun, collecting a rich array of music, dance, and cultural styles along their journey. As the travellers raise their tents in Paris, the city’s young mayor finds himself drawn to a mysterious Bohemian girl and the call of the open road. Bohemian Soul highlights an eclectic array of music and world dance styles that invite audiences on the adventurous trek.
- Diamond Run, featuring an international man of mystery who crisscrosses the globe in pursuit of a priceless blue diamond -- and the beautiful jewel thief who wants it for herself. This heart-pounding spy thriller features songs by Madonna, Tina Turner, Duran Duran, Shirley Bassey and more.
- Crossroads, halfway between Nashville and Los Angeles lies the “Crossroads Warehouse,” the site of a decades-long battle between diehard country and rock fans. This conflict is about the music as these two groups battle through the best rock and country hits.
- Boogie Wonderland, New York’s most popular radio station celebrates Disco Day! The DJ announces an extravagant one-night-only disco party and fashion contest in New York’s hottest nightclub. As four friends work their way through the city dancing and singing the most popular disco songs, Boogie Wonderland is their story.
- Divos & Divas, celebrating the best male and female vocalists of the last seven decades, presented by the Regent Production Cast and Regent Signature Orchestra. The evening features a line-up of favorite songs from the repertoires of some of the greatest singers of all time.
“These captivating theatrical performances on Seven Seas Splendor are unrivaled in luxury ocean cruising,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “They were created and produced by our team of Broadway choreographers and directors. We recruited some of the finest, most talented musicians and performers to deliver unforgettable and engaging productions for our valued guests.”
Theatrical performances are staged nightly in Seven Seas Splendor’s two-deck high, modern Constellation Theater. Located on decks 4 and 5, Constellation Theater offers comfortable banquettes and chairs. The Theater’s upper-deck reflects enhancements from Seven Seas Splendor’s sister ship, Seven Seas Explorer. Glass panels circling the upper-deck and fewer upper-level seats on Seven Seas Splendor ensure clear sightlines for guests.
Seven Seas Splendor Entertainment Lounges
In addition to the five new theatrical performances, today Regent Seven Seas Cruises also revealed details of five entertainment lounges on board Seven Seas Splendor: Splendor Lounge, Observation Lounge (top picture), Meridian Lounge, Connoisseur Club and the Casino. During the evening these venues will feature resident musicians and entertainers, dancing, karaoke singing, games and more.
An inviting atmosphere, signature cocktails and soulful sounds make the Splendor Lounge a unique destination for guests to indulge on Deck 4. Guests can relax in plush chairs and strike-up a conversation with fellow luxury travelers as a prelude to a delicious dinner at Compass Rose. Late night, Splendor Lounge features a contemporary duo performing guests’ favourite songs well into the night.
This sleek lounge on Deck 5 mid-ship is a showstopper, with an expansive bar serving bespoke cocktails. Warm lighting, comfortable seating and sophisticated ambiance are all part of its charm. It’s the perfect location to meet for a drink before a show at the Constellation Theater or to continue an entertainment-rich evening with performances by resident musicians playing familiar tunes and special requests.
The Connoisseur Club is a hallmark of Regent ships – and aboard Seven Seas Splendor it’s a modern space with oversize leather armchairs and signature works of art throughout. Located on Deck 11, a few steps for the Observation Lounge, it’s an elegant hideaway where guests can find themselves in the middle of an interesting conversation over a fine cigar.
Inspired by the most iconic gaming halls, from Las Vegas to Monte Carlo, the Casino is a destination unto itself. There is a dynamic variety of games to choose from, like blackjack, roulette and craps, as well as frequent giveaways, promotions and rewards.